Monday, February 21, 2011

MY LIFELONG JOB SEARCH! (haha)



1. My first job was working in an Orange Juice factory, but I got canned.  Couldn't concentrate.

2. Then I worked in the woods as a Lumberjack, but just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the axe.

3. After that, I tried being a Tailor, but wasn't suited for it -- mainly because it was a sew-sew job.

4. Next, I tried working in a Muffler Factory, but that was too exhausting.

5. Then, I tried being a Chef - figured it would add a little spice to my life, but just didn't have the thyme.

6. Next, I attempted being a Deli Worker, but any way I sliced it....couldn't cut the mustard.

7. My best job was a Musician, but eventually found I wasn't noteworthy.

8. I studied a long time to become a Doctor, but didn't have any patience.

9. Next, was a job in a Shoe Factory. Tried hard but just didn't fit in. 

10. I became a Professional Fisherman, but discovered I couldn't live on my net income.

11. Managed to get a good job working for a Pool Maintenance Company, but the work was just too draining. 

12. So then I got a job in a Workout Center, but they said I wasn't fit for the job..

13. After many years of trying to find steady work, I finally got a job as a Historian - until I realized there was no future in it.

14. My last job was working in Starbucks, but had to quit because it was the same old grind.    

15. SO, I TRIED RETIREMENT!




AND I FOUND I'M PERFECT FOR THE  JOB!
 

5 comments:

CatMom said...

Oh Shar!!! These are GREAT!! Thanks so much for sharing! (by the way....I think your job is just "write" for you!!)*grin*
Laughs and Love, Patti Jo

Sarah said...

Lol! That was great! I love starting my day out with a good laugh! Haha!! :)

SHARLENE said...

Hi, Patti Jo and Sarah. So glad I could brighten the day of two of my favorite people.

Hugs and Love...

SHARLENE said...

I posted this blog at another social network called Shoutlife (great place, by the way), and one of my friends wrote this as a reply:
----------------------------

I tried some of the same jobs, too.

# 1 - alas, the OJ factory squeezed me out of a job

# 2 - They simply axed me to leaf the lumberjack business. I tried to branch out and found myself out on a limb - but against poplar belief, I refuse to pine away

# 3 - The tailor company had far too much tension. I was on pins and needles the whole time

# 5 - I simply couldn't rice to the occasion of being a chef. I was canned when they found me hitting the sauce. Doesn't that beet all?

# 6 - I couldn't hold my tongue when I got stuck working next to the deli guy who cut the cheese...need I say more?

# 9 - Discovered I was too straight laced for the shoe factory, besides my sole was no longer into it after the boss (that heel) gave me a wedgie

# 11 - I took the plunge as a pool maintenance person, but found I didn't like being a floater. Besides, the company liquidated

# 14 - Starbucks didn't offer any decent perks, and I actually had to urn the money, so I figured that was grounds for an instant departure. I've never bean happier.

Sheila Deeth said...

I love it!