Wednesday, February 09, 2011

I WROTE A SONG!
(And now I need someone to write the melody...hmm. Got talent?)



I've been rewriting a book I started long ago called Song of the Blue Grass. 'Course, I'm ALSO penning book two in my upcoming series, so two projects at once is keeping me busy. Anyway, last night I wrote some lyrics to a song called "My Blue Grass Home". I think it will flow nicely with the story line, which is about a rising female country singer/star, Laci Burgess. With her mama's recent passing, and her heart weary and sore, it's time to put her singing career on hold and go home to Kentucky where she needs to work on mending some fences of the personal kind. A cantankerous father with long held secrets make coming home a challenge, though, and the grown up "boy next door" surely doesn't help matters.

Emotions run the gamut, and at times Laci's heart seems damaged beyond repair, but an ever-faithful God and the power of love will weave a wondrous patchwork pattern of hope and healing.

And NOW for the song...


©My Blue Grass Home
Sharlene MacLaren
For "Song of the Blue Grass"

VERSE ONE:
Wasn't it just yesterday I closed the door and walked away?
Is the door still open wide, mind if I just walk inside? I still need a place to hide.
Your blue grass hills are calling me; I'm coming home today.

CHORUS:
It calls to me, my blue grass home, where love and sorrow meet,
Where rivers flow and mountains rise and sun and shade compete.
I can't forget you, blue grass home; my heart still beats for you,
And I am coming home to you, it's been too long, I'm overdue,
I'm coming home, my blue grass home; I'm coming home to you.

VERSE TWO:
Grace is waiting in the wings; hear its voice, how loud it sings,
Hope will greet me at the door; mercy flies on wings once more; love will end this wasted war.
Your arms of peace have beckoned me; I'm coming home today.

----------------------------------------------

PLEASE feel free to comment! I love you all! (((And I'm serious. If you can write music, and you "hear" the melody, JUST DO IT!)))

6 comments:

Anne Payne said...

WOW! That is going to make a fantastic addition to the book! Praying you find just the right person to write that tune :)

Anonymous said...

I don't have a musical bone in my body but I love the lyrics. See you next year on the CMA award show.

Nise' said...

Wish I had that talent!

SHARLENE said...

Hi, Anne and Mr. or Mrs. Anonymous! Thanks for your comments. I guess if I don't find anyone to write the melody it'll be okay. I'll just print the lyrics. Still, it would be fun...

CMA awards? Haha. Don't see that happening anytime soon, not for song lyrics that took me 20-minutes to write.

SHARLENE said...

Hi, Nise. I'm with you.

I AM a vocalist, and I LOVE music, but I've never been able to compose music other than in my head. As always, thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs...

CatMom said...

WOW, Shar!! I really like these lyrics, and am quite impressed with all your talents! :)
Hugs, Patti Jo
p.s. I awoke this morning to a blanket of white everywhere---we had SNOW in Georgia!! (you do realize it's always a HUGE deal here in the South when we get a decent amount of snow?! LOL) ;)