Monday, January 30, 2012

MONDAY MUSINGS


ONE YEAR AGO!




TODAY!

It's pretty amazing the comparison between last year's and this year's winter. I've enjoyed the milder weather, and I'm sure many of you across the northern regions of the U.S. share my feelings - with the exception of you snowboard enthusiasts. Sorry about that.

I'm still enjoying my fireplace and candles, but I'm also enjoying the fact that it's almost February, and being that it's a shorter month it seems like March comes rolling in before we know it! Soon, spring will be upon us, and we'll all be saying, "What? Another year come and gone - already?"

I love the changing seasons, the newness of spring, the loveliness of summer, the coolness of autumn, and, yes, the bitter chill of winter. Each season serves its purpose in reminding us of the pure joy of life itself - from youth to old age we can embrace it in all its splendor and richness. (IF we choose to, that is.)

I feel sorry for those who mourn change. Change is inevitable, something we must all endure whether we want to or not. In two days, my "almost" 89-year-old mother-in-law will be leaving her home of the past 20 years to make her way to a senior living center. She could bemoan the fact that she's reached that point in her life where she must submit to yet another change, this one truly MAJOR; but instead, she remains her positive self, praising God even through this poignant, monumental life change. She knows her next home will be Heaven itself, and that will be the ULTIMATE change. From a blemished, scarred world to GLORIOUS PERFECTION.

As you go about your day today, consider all the changes you've tackled in your lifetime. Did they grow you as an individual or slow your progress? Think of change as a good and positive thing, and you will be amazed at how it affects your attitude and heart.

3 comments:

Nise' said...

You have more snow than us! We must get more sun this side of the bridge. LOL God bless your MIL.

SHARLENE said...

Nise', you're funny. Do you really think we have more snow? We should get together sometime over coffee and just catch up with each other. I'll come over the bridge since it's warmer over there. haha.

Anne Payne said...

I've enjoyed the milder temps but I'm not looking forward to all the bugs that will be in such proliferation and my grandsons would have enjoyed a nice big snow :)