Sunday, January 22, 2012

MONDAY MUSINGS



The other day I read something that struck a chord with me. It went something like this, though not in these exact words: Jesus is leading us along the high road, but it's full of descents as well as ascents. We see snow-covered peaks in the far-off distance, and we long to reach the top - if only there were shortcuts. Our assignment is NOT to take the shortcuts, but to follow Christ's leading, allowing Him to direct our paths. We should let the heights beckon us, but remain close to our Heavenly Father as we walk this upward journey.

How often do we want to race ahead of God? We think we see the trail He has so intricately mapped out for us that we can easily reach our destinations without any further help. Not. Our paths are winding, bumpy, and loaded with roadblocks. If we fail to seek His daily guidance and direction, we will easily lose our way. Our perfect roadmap is God's Holy Word. Reading it daily and seeking His divine voice in our quiet moments will ensure we take the upward path He's designed just for us. Isn't it great to know we each have our very own life-map? It's up to us to keep checking that map, though, lest we fall into some deadly trap our Enemy Satan has put there just to trick us.

Get out your road map (The Holy Bible) and read your instructions for the day. I pray your journey today will be exhilarating and blessed of God.

8 comments:

Nise' said...

Your Musings would make a great book!! You have talent girlfriend ;o). Just finished Ellie's Haven and loved it.

SHARLENE said...

Nise', you are just too kind to me - but I love it! I am EXCITED to hear you enjoyed reading Ellie's Haven. You are the third person I've heard from regarding the book, and it makes me go crazy just waiting for that book's arrival on my doorstep!

As ALWAYS, thanks for your encouraging word. They always cheer me on, and I so appreciate it, Nise'!

Sandra Heska King said...

Gotta keep an eye out for those little rest stops--those little benches on the side of the road where we can just sit a while a lean against him. Catch our breath. :)

SHARLENE said...

I love that picture, Sandy. Oh, do we ever need to catch our breath sometimes.

Pegg Thomas said...

Good thoughts today, I'm one of the guilty ones for getting ahead of myself - and probably God - when I'm on a mission.

SHARLENE said...

Pegg, I completely relate! Thanks for stopping by, dear heart.

Shari said...

oh, don't we all try to get ahead of the map...life just keeps happening...But..we KNOW God has the best map!

SHARLENE said...

Thanks for your input, Shari. Yes, we do all tend to run ahead of God, missing turns, running through stop signs, and ignoring the YIELD signs most of all.

We should all make a pact with each other to be better about listening closely to God's voice and then reading our roadmaps (God's Word) EVERY day!