Sunday, January 08, 2012

MONDAY MUSINGS



I love fresh starts! It's like sitting in front of a fire on a comfy sofa with a brand new book. Ah, the anticipation, the hope, the loveliness of it all.

That's what 2012 represents for me, a fresh start, a new chapter. (As a writer, I would have to use a book as an analogy, wouldn't I?) Seriously, the New Year represents new beginnings - new diets, habits, goals, and choices. But it also represents the unknown tomorrows. None of us can be sure what the year holds. We all hope and pray for untold joy, but some of us may encounter a few bumps and bruises. Regardless, we can be certain of this; God will be there.

I love this artist's rendering of Joseph and Mary bringing the baby Jesus to the temple to meet Simeon. There they dedicate their newborn son to the Lord. In their hearts they must have known great and wondrous things would happen through him, but they couldn't possibly have imagined what. Had they known that one day their son would sacrifice himself on a cruel cross for the sake of all mankind, perhaps they wouldn't have been so eager to present him to Simeon.

Matthew 6:34 states, "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today."

I find comfort in knowing I'll find Jesus in tomorrow and the next day, and the day after that.

"Lord, although it's tempting to worry about the unknown, please put within my heart enough faith and trust to believe You'll walk me through any trials I may face. Each of us WILL face trials; it's a fact of life. But in those trials, help me, and help my brothers and sisters, to find You sufficient for every need. Thank You for your steadfast, even stubborn, love. It surpasses all other forms of love and is ALWAYS enough. In Your Holy Name I pray these things. Amen."

11 comments:

TILDI said...

Shar I love your writings! always a highlight for me.....Love you Tildi

SHARLENE said...

Thank you, Tildi. You are always an inspiration to me!

Jan Jackson Peterson said...

When my cousin was battling cancer I wrote a song for her. One of the lines of the song (which was something she had expressed to me) was, "Lord give me the faith that it takes to believe..that even my pain brings glory to You." We can be sure that there will be times of trial and pain in our lives. But what we must remember is that even in those times God is doing something and He will be glorified through it.

SHARLENE said...

Jan, that is BEAUTIFUL. Thanks so much for sharing. Now, what I wouldn't give to hear you sing the song!

Sandra Heska King said...

Yep, we don't know about tomorrow. But He does. Let's find joy in each moment of the now--knowing that there can be joy in tomorrow no matter what it brings because He is there.

Love to you, Shar. Thanks so much for all your expressions of love and your prayers. You are a bright light!

Anonymous said...

Shar,

Thanks for sharing your reflections today. It's my pleasure to spend 60 seconds of Monday reading your blog. Your writings always make my heart smile.

Pegg Thomas said...

Good thoughts!

SHARLENE said...

Sandy, Laura, and Pegg, thanks so much for your kind words. I LOVE connecting with all of you. Hope you had a wonderful Monday.

Joyous Blessings to each of you!

Linda Glaz said...

So hard to remember in hard times that He's right there with us. Thanks for this beautiful post. And the earlier one, yum!

journeystojoy.net said...

I have to second each of the writers' comments! Chronic pain sometimes is allowed to rob us of Joy and Peace and this reminder is just what I need to begin the year!
Thanks, Shar, for your wonderful insight and to the others who've commented - I cannot tell you how much you and Shar have come to mean to me!
HAPPY 2012 - Praying God will bless you EACH very richly - in every way throughout the year!

SHARLENE said...

Linda and Joy, you are both so special to me. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Love and warm hugs...