Monday, November 15, 2010

HOW'S YOUR GAS GAUGE? HIGH, MEDIUM, LOW, EMPTY?



Ever run yourself so fast and furious you wonder how you ever made it from point A to point B in the same day? It happens all the time because we live in a ragged, busy, sometimes out-of-control society. Jump out of bed, try to eat something on the run, feed the kids, dog, and cat (if you have any), let hubby fend for himself, give hasty kisses goodbye, then jump into the car and drive down that clogged up, bumper-to-bumper highway, and hope to make it to your destination with a couple of minutes to spare. (Are you tired yet?)

Back up to that first second you opened your eyes. Did you happen to whisper, "God, You're in control of this day? I'm weak and I desperately need Your peace."

We are all flawed humans, full of wear and tear, but God is SOVEREIGN. Rather than wear yourself into a frazzle by trying to accomplish all your day's activities alone, let THANKFULNESS, JOY, and TRUST be your guides. As you live in the dazzling presence of Christ Jesus, His strength and power will shine through you.

As you go about your day, you'll soon discover things are less about you and your problems, and more about the Savior. Let Him guide you down the path He has set for you, not the one you have worked so hard to orchestrate.

GOD's ways are always best.

Phil. 4:6,7


I LOVE YOU ALL

2 comments:

Nise' said...

Love the beautiful picture of you on the sidebar! I needed that reminder as I jumped out of bed at 6am to get myself to the lab for a blood draw and a mammogram.

SHARLENE said...

Oh, and I needed that reminder to call my doctor to set up my appointment for said procedures. Don't you love this time of year????