Monday, April 12, 2010

OUT OF THE MOUTH OF MY FOUR-YEAR-OLD GRANDSON! (Funny...)


Kids are so hysterical, aren't they? Before Sunday dinner a few weeks ago, my three grandkids (ages four, two, and almost 2) were zooming around the coffee table, whooping and hollering, and generally making quite a racket. We adults were smiling and laughing at their antics, also wondering where they got all that energy. Suddenly, the oldest stopped dead in his tracks and shrieked, "Uh-oh! I gotta go potty."

"Well, okay, then, let's go to the bathroom," his mommy said, scooting off with him down the hall.

A few minutes later my daughter came back out quietly laughing to herself. "What's so funny?" I asked her.

She explained that when they got into the bathroom he was so excited over the game of 'race-around-the-coffee-table' that he'd decided she should start calling him Race Car.

"That's my new name, Mommy. Race Car," he exclaimed.

"Well, okay," she said. "Go potty, Mr. Race Car."

And so he did. Then, looking down at his "stream", he said, "And that there is my oil!"

No comments: