Sunday, June 28, 2009

WHERE DID THE YEAR GO?

Our granddaughter, Alexis Joy, "Lexi", is almost one-year-old already, but it seems like only a couple of months ago we welcomed her into the world! Wow, time is a real stinker, isn't it -- especially when you get old like me -- and every second counts. ~grins~

Anyway, her party was last night, so I think I'll share a few pics with you. (Feel free to click on the image to enlarge it.)

Okay, here goes...

These first couple shots show a very solemn "princess". She wasn't having anything to do with all that attention - until later when the cake and presents arrived. You'll see her pretty amazing "castle" cake, and, oh, the INCREDIBLE dollhouse Cecil built for her (which she won't even play with for a few years!!!). It came with well over a 1000 pieces and took him several weeks to build.
















FAMILY IS EVERYTHING! MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU AND YOURS TODAY AND ALWAYS!

10 comments:

The Mihalek's said...

Lexie is so adorable! You have the cutest grand kids! And the house Cecil made...WOW!!! It was great seeing you!

CatMom said...

Such PRECIOUS pictures, sweet Shar!~ Cecil MADE that dollhouse?!? Wow! Impressive, and how special for Lexi! ~ Thanks for sharing~
Hugs, Patti Jo :)

Dorothy said...

What a doll-baby! They DO grow way too fast.

Hey, I want to play with the dollhouse!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I have a granddaughter named Lexi too! (Short for Alexandria Cierra)
Dorothy:)

SHARLENE said...

Thanks, Staci. I know - isn't that dollhouse amazing? She'll have fun with it someday, I'm sure. Glad you could make it to the party.

Hey, Patti Jo, you southern belle, you. Thanks for stopping by, sweetie!

Hi, Dorothy! Always so good to hear from you. I'm sure you can come play with the dollhouse, as it will be sitting untouched for the next few years. ~grins~ How old is your little "Lexi". I love the name Alexandria. We have friends who have a daughter by the same name. Her nickname is Alex. I like Lexi better.

Gina McDonald said...

Happy B-day to Lexie ! she is so big now and so adorable.

SHARLENE said...

Hi, Gina sweetie! Yep, our little Lexi is growing, although she's a very tiny little girl. So petite and dainty...even though she LOVES to eat everything!

Lynnette Bonner said...

I LOVE that cake picture! How adorable. I know the years go far too fast. My youngest is soon 6!!! I got to hold a new baby at church yesterday - made me nostalgic.

Blessings to you and yours, Sharlene. :)

Lynnette Bonner said...

Oh man! Just read the comments a couple posts down. Praying your ear is doing better!

SHARLENE said...

Hi, Lynette. Yep, my ear is better. Thanks for asking! Tell me, how do you find time for blog reading, etc., with three boys under 6??? You must be super organized!