Friday, November 11, 2011

THURSDAY THOUGHTS...



I'm 20-minutes late in writing "Thursday Thoughts" - rather, I'm 20-minutes into Friday! Yep, it's 12:20 a.m. and here I am writing, well, yesterday's thoughts. I had a long 'to do' list on Thursday: Take care of my 3-year-old grandson, which entailed a breakfast of waffles, play time, watching a 15-minute segment of "Martha Speaks" on PBS, and going to the library for story-time. Then off to meet my daughter and newest grandson for lunch and deliver my 3-year-old back to her so he could go home for his nap. Next, work on the lesson I'm teaching at a writers' conference next weekend on character development. After that, go to the nail salon, make a drugstore run, come up with something for supper, finish laundry, and, oh! find some time to work on my NOVEL! Hello, is there enough time in my day? Plainly put, no. In between there I had good intentions of posting in my blog. (Incidentally, the nail salon and drugstore got put on hold - and work on my writing lesson for next week's conference is ongoing.)

Let's be honest here; life is B-U-S-Y! And sometimes we let our priorities slip
- GOD first, FAMILY second, CAREER third. Yes, that IS the goal we should strive to live by if we truly desire purpose, meaning, and joy.

Guess what - God is in the chaos. He understands that some days just don't flow the way they should; that we get so caught up in the busyness that we have to lay aside our "to do" lists and change them to "to-be-continued" lists.

I'm thankful for a faithful, patient, understanding God who doesn't expect perfection. "I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength" is a verse that speaks to me right now in the wee hours of the morning as I wrap up this post.

Today (Friday) I'll bring out my list and check off a few more items. Maybe I'll even find a minute to run to the nail salon. If not - there's always next week! GOD IS GOOD.

2 comments:

CatMom said...

Oh Shar! You ARE a busy lady!! But you've still got your priorities in order, which is wonderful. ~ I always find that my day goes so much better when I spend some quiet time with the Lord early in the day. Unfortunately, some days I'm out the door on errands before doing that *sigh*--and then later feel a little "frazzled" when I sit down with my Bible. But I'm really trying to keep my priorities straight and manage my time better *smile*. ~ SO glad you get to spend time with those precious Grandchildren!
Love, Patti Jo :)

SHARLENE said...

Oh, Patti Jo, it is always such a treat to hear from you. Thanks so much for taking the time to check in with me! I hope you're doing well these days and enjoying God's wonderful blessings - even in the chaos of life. You're another one who always gets her priorities right. Love you, you southern beauty!