Sunday, August 22, 2010

LIFE LESSONS FROM THE DOG...Part 2

This is Peyton's place of refuge, his trusty kennel.



When life gets a little scary; i.e., the grandkids come over (they are loud and rambunctious!), I am running the vacuum, a bunch of company arrives, fireworks light the sky, or unidentified noises fill the air, this is the first place Peyton runs. I try to calm Him with a few words. "It's okay, nothing to worry about," I say even as he races past me to make a beeline for his kennel. I let him go, knowing his little "house" makes him feel safe. After some time, confidence restored, he once again emerges.

Do you have a safe place you run to when life gets out of hand? I do. I run to the Lord's open arms where I know I'll find comfort and peace. I feel secure there, resting in His big, warm and cozy embrace. I love that He loves me so completely, even when I goof up. I never did anything to deserve His love, but, still, He gives it so freely.

Sometimes circumstances come along to cause me pain, unrest, worry, discomfort, or heartache. At first I cry and fuss and fret until I finally remember my safe place. That's when I run into God's arms, and as He enfolds me in a big hug, I hear Him gently say, "It's okay, nothing to worry about."

What a kind and faithful Master.

3 comments:

CatMom said...

I loved the picture of precious Peyton, Shar....and also loved your message in this post! Yes, the Lord's loving arms are the very best place to be, and I've needed to "run there" quite a bit lately. ~ As I've continued my recovery period from my surgeries (and battled a nasty stomach virus*yuk*), I've also had the "empty nest" events of a daughter moving to an apartment, and my son (my baby!) going to college. Sadly, I haven't handled these well emotionally, but the Lord has been there for me every step of the way. And I know He continues to be with me---offering the comfort and peace I need! ~ Thanks again for sharing this post - - and Peyton's picture! I'm sure he's happy to have YOU as his "Mom"! Love, Patti Jo

SHARLENE said...

Dearest Patti Jo, I have thought so much about you these past weeks and months. You have had such a rough go of it with your surgery, and now the virus and, as if that weren't enough, the empty nest on top of that! Ugh. Oh, I am relating to that empty nest. I so remember how I felt when my younger daughter headed off for college and hubby and I were at long last without free of kids. I DID NOT LIKE IT! The good news is you're never quite free of them. They do keep coming back, Patti.

You take care, dear girl, and know that I continue to pray for you. Remember our verse? Isaiah 43:13.

CatMom said...

Thank you for your reply, precious Shar.....you really made me feel so much better! Love you, Patti Jo